Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are taking some time to rest and relax today.
I’ve got a fun little gratitude exercise for you if you’re up for it. (This could also be great to do with your family - and go around the dinner table and share!)
Grab a pen, a piece of paper, and write down 5 things you’re grateful for.
And then write WHY you are thankful for them....
And as you write, take a moment to really feel the love for all those things! This step is super important and is great for your body AND your mind!
Gratitude allows us to celebrate the present moment and live a more fulfilling life.
In the spirit of the holiday, here are a few things I’m truly grateful for:
1. My clients because they inspire me every single day and am grateful to work with such amazing people. Many of you come to my home (or my home away from home in Greensburg) and trust me with improving your life. We share victories and we wade through struggles. Some of my best friends started as clients. I am thankful to be a part of your journey.
2. Time to spend with loved ones over the holiday because you don’t get to see them as much as you’d like. I am thankful that often the time spent away from them is building an opportunity to enjoy more time with them in the future.
3. My health and my body. In the twilight zone of 2020, I am even more thankful that I am healthy and able to attempt many adventures that require a lot from my body.
4. My wife and my boys. Not only do they push me to become the best version of me, I love seeing them grow. I try to model and live a life that my boys look up to. And many times I catch myself being inspired by them and their adventures.
5. And I am thankful for my company. Change Fitness has become less about the equipment it has or the services it offers. It has become a vehicle in which I can leave a legacy while providing me with an opportunity. I get to be inspired almost every day. It has grown into a business that can support not only me and my family, but also those that seek support from it. The spring of 2020 did its best to crush Change Fitness with mandated shut downs and extreme health precautions. And I still worry about what this fall and winter has in store for us. But I know that we are in it together and will find a way to support each other along the way.
Thanks again for being a part of my adventures. May your weekend be filled with great food, loving family, and a way to reflect on the blessings you have in your life!
Coach Brown & The Change Fitness Team